A cookie is a small text file which is placed onto your device (e.g. computer, smartphone or other electronic device) when you use our website, if you agree.
Who we are
Our website is operated by Student Cribs Limited. We are a company registered in England and Wales under company registration number 07247566. Our registered office is at St Albans House, 57-59 Haymarket, Haymarket, London SW1Y 4QX.
These help us recognise you and your device and store some information about your preferences or past actions.
Some of this data will be aggregated or statistical, which means that we will not be able to identify you individually.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies – these are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, for example our Student Portal.
- Analytical/performance cookies – they allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies – these are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies – these record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
For further information on cookies generally, including how to control and manage them, visit the guidance on cookies published by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
It you do not want to accept any cookies, please change your browser settings so that cookies (including those which are essential to the services requested) are not accepted. If you do this, please be aware that you may lose some or all of the functionality of our website.
For further information about cookies and how to disable them please go to the guidance on cookies published by the UK Information Commissioner’s Office, www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
The cookies we use
- DoubleClick Ad Exchange – Google DoubleClick is a Google product that enables Student Cribs to track our digital marketing activity. This allows us to ensure they are reaching the right people at the right time, and at a cost that makes good commercial sense.
- Twitter Advertising – we may from time to time communicate on Twitter via paid or unpaid content. This cookie is placed by Twitter, and enables us to understand how users have interacted with our advertising served to them on Twitter.
- Snapchat for Business – we may from time to time communicate on Snapchat via paid or unpaid content. This cookie is placed by Snapchat Inc. and enables us to understand how users have interacted with our advertising served to them on Snapchat.
- Bing Ads – this cookie is placed by Microsoft Advertising (also referred to as Bing Ads) and enables us to track our digital marketing on the Microsoft Advertising platform. This allows us to ensure they are reaching the right people at the right time, and at a cost that makes good commercial sense.
- Typekit by Adobe – for consistent representation of fonts, this page uses web fonts provided by Adobe Typekit. When you open any page on our website, your browser loads the required web fonts into your browser cache to display texts and fonts correctly. When you visit a page that contains a social plugin, your browser makes a direct connection with Adobe Typekit servers. As a result, Adobe Typekit becomes aware that our web page was accessed via your IP address. The use of Adobe Typekit fonts is to ensure a consistent appearance of our website across devices.
- Google Analytics – this site uses Google Analytics which is one of the most widespread and trusted analytics solutions on the web for helping us to understand how you use the our website and ways that we can improve your experience. These cookies may track things such as how long you spend on the website and the pages that you visit so we can continue to produce engaging content. More information can be found at Google Analytics. You can prevent Google Analytics from collecting your user data on all websites in general by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en_GB.
- Hotjar – this cookie is placed by Hotjar, and enables Hotjar to know whether a particular visitor is included in the sample which is used to generate heatmaps, funnels, on-screen recordings etc. This enables us to improve your experience on our website.
- Facebook Pixel – we use Facebook Advertising, Facebook Pixel Re-Marketing and communications. The Facebook Pixel cookie is placed by Facebook, and enables us to understand and deliver ads and make them more relevant to you. The data collected remains anonymous and we cannot access or see the personal data of any individual user. To opt-out please see https://www.facebook.com/ads/preferences.
- Google Tag Manager – Google Tag Manager is placed by Google. This tool enables the organisation of third-party tags (e.g. Google Analytics) on this domain, and controls when these are triggered.
How to contact us
- sending an email to [email protected]
- filling out and submitting the online form available here https://student-cribs.com/contact-us/, or
- calling us on 0203 758 7000 (our telephone lines are open Monday to Friday between: 9 am and 6 pm) excluding UK Bank and National holidays.
Changes to this policy
This policy was published on June 24th, 2021 and last updated on June 24th 2021.
We may change this policy from time to time, and we encourage any visitors to frequently check this page for any changes.
Where we do make changes to the cookies policy you will receive a pop-up asking you to confirm that you agree to our cookies policy on you next visit our website – this will be the case even where you have previously agreed to the policy from that device.